Illuminating Lights & Sirens
Symbolism ~ Now let's "combine like terms" to the story symbols! Share biblical clues with them throughout the session. Bring these elaborations up as they become most relevant. Have everyone write down the scriptures connected. But save the symbolism and fun facts about of the Negotiator and the Suspect till the end.
Additional Notes in The Story
- Notice the suspect was never pronounced a criminal (Colossians 1:13-14)
- Realize the subliminal lack of police jurisdiction (public opinion)
- The locked building (or heart) was never damaged or burglarized (Jeremiah 17:9-10)
- Observe the automatic reflex to surrender to police (public opinion) even when they are merely sensed to be around.
- The Negotiator never claimed any affiliation with police (public opinion)
- Perceive that God did not come inside until the heart (building) was isolated and pure (Matthew 5:8)
- This whole story animates predominately around the Holy Spirit, our current leader (John 14:26)
- Notice the geography of God coming inside the heart (Proverbs 21:2)
- The Negotiator once addressed the suspect as "my friend (John 15:14).”
- Observe the devil’s physical absence, and it’s ongoing pattern today
- Notice the so-called hostages were silent, and never put up a fight against the man's authority during his cooperation with God
- Notice the first and last word of the entire parable is "on you."